Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Departure Day & Time

June 26th is the day we departed on our mission trip to Alaska.  We drove from Greenville, SC, to Atlanta, GA, then flew directly to Anchorage, AK.

Three years ago to that day, I received a call from my Step-Mom.  My Dad had passed away.  It was not expected.  His soul has departed this Earth, but his memory remains strong in our hearts and minds.

My Dad's obituary:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sanantonio/obituary.aspx?pid=158282840

My Dad did not know his departure time.  Neither do you.  None of us do.  

Do not depart Earth without first knowing Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Here are a couple of pictures of the last time I got to see my Dad:


I miss him!
He was a great man!
Love you Pop!

We flew back from Anchorage on July 4th, the same day we flew back from his funeral in San Antonio three years earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment